Thursday, January 22, 2009

Long Time No Blog

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything new. Time kind of gets away from one over the holidays. Since we've returned from Iowa on Jan. 5th, I've had the pleasure of being sick with bronchitis for three weeks! Seriously, it's getting to be a real drag.

I have a large backlog of photos to get through. Here are some shots from Thanksgiving morning. There is a 5K run in our city called the Turkey Trot. The route runs right down our street. Here are Sean and Rafe and the dogs as we prepare to walk to our neighbors house on the corner to watch the runners. I'll tell you why we watch from our neighbor's home in a minute.


Here are some industrious turkey trotters making me feel like a slug as they run by. I think even their running dogs were taunting my dogs about being lazy! You know these guys ate their pumpkin pie without remorse that night.


Here's why we watch from our neighbor (Miss Betty's) house. Brunch and mimosas! There's no better way to wash away the guilt of sluggishness than to sip mimosas while eating quiche and muffins.


Finally, on Thanksgiving evening, we went to Sean's friend's house. His name is David and he has a wife Gabby and three children. The photo below shows Rafe sitting with David's nephew Brandon and his daughter Nicole. We tease Rafe that he is going to marry Nicole when he grows up. They are just two weeks apart in age. It's always hard to be away from our family in Iowa on Thanksgiving, but we managed to enjoy ourselves out here in D.C. too.

No comments: