We were able to attend our second Ralph Covert concert in June. Ralph played at the Alexandria Waterfront Festival so we didn't have to travel far to see him. We first met Ralph a year ago after listening to his music since Rafe was about one year old. For this concert, Rafe had to bring his guitar along. He wasn't the only boy there rocking out with his toy guitar. There were quite a few budding musicians in the kiddie mosh pit. After the concert Ralph and his band signed Rafe's guitar and a T-shirt with Ralph's picture on it. I highly recommend his CDs if any of you have young children at home.
Also, I just realized the first photo shows Miller Lite as one of the sponsors of the Waterfront Festival. Rest assured that Ralph had a G-rated sponsor: Disney and also the Snap, Crackle, Pop figures from Rice Krispies. I felt bad for Ralph when they made him sing with the Rice Krispie characters on stage. He bravely smiled through the song as if there weren't giant cartoon characters standing around him. That Disney paycheck probably helps with any feelings of comprising his artistic integrity. I bet it buys a lot of Miller Lite.
No comments:
Post a Comment