Sunday, November 9, 2008

Teach a Boy to Fish

Whew! It's been a long time since I've posted. Life has become busy for me this fall between longer hours at work due to the financial crisis and also teaching a course at American University on Tuesday nights.

Anyway, while I was away on a business trip, Sean took Rafe to North Carolina to visit a friend and do some fishing. Sean's friend Derwin had Chihuahua/Dachshund puppies, and for some reason, Rafe felt he needed to hold them while running around in his underwear. I love the second photo where he's letting them crawl all over him.



Of course the highlight of the trip was the fishing expedition. Rafe caught two Pin fish but they were too small to keep so back in the ocean they went.


Rafe made friends with a frog that was living in the boat. Can you find the frog in the picture?


You can see Rafe catching Moby Dick in this next photo -- look at the bend in that rod! I freaked out when I saw this picture because my last words to Sean before they left were, "Make sure he wears a life jacket!" Anyway, I was informed that they were beached on a sandbar in about one foot of water during this photo, so all's forgiven.


A couple last photos -- one day they collected seashells on the beach to bring home for mom...


...and another day Rafe was called for urgent help driving Scooby's mystery bus. Sean's in the back seat with Daphne. ZOINKS!

No comments: