Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random London Photos















Here are some random photos from our trip that I thought were nice. The first one of Rafe I forgot to include in my post about the ferris wheel down below. I like seeing the structure of the ferris wheel behind him.

The second photo is London's City Hall. It's an unusual looking building -- the tour guide described it as looking like a sliced egg. I mentioned in a post below that Sean and I really enjoyed the newer architecture of the city. While this building wasn't my favorite, it does give you an example of some of the unique construction in London.

The dollar exchange rate to the pound was so poor that we ended up eating in lots of pubs. The third photo is from a neighborhood pub we ate at our first day there. Everyone is gathered to watch a soccer match and it reminded me a bit of our American sports bars (not in design style, but in function). We didn't realize that you must go to the bar yourself to order all drinks and food in London's pub. We sat at our table for 15 minutes waiting for a server to come by before we figured out how it worked.

No comments: