Thursday, November 1, 2007






Well, my pirate boys had a great Halloween last night! Rafe was the "Captain Pirate" and Sean was his "First Mate." I told Rafe that he needed to tell his first mate to "get to work and swab the decks."

First there was a party at Rafe's school where all the kids wore their costumes. I didn't let Rafe take the plastic sword from his costume to the school party though. I was sure he would start hitting all the other kids over the head with it. After that we went trick-or-treating. Rafe has developed an aversion to masks. A few houses in last night we came upon our neighbors who were outside wearing monster masks and making lots of scary noises. Rafe freaked out and said he wanted to go home. We had only been out for 10 minutes! Fortunately we got him to relax and we went to several more houses. Another fun thing was that Sean and Rafe carved a pirate pumpkin who Rafe decided to name Bob for some reason.

On an unrelated note -- this is Rafe's latest cute saying. Rafe: "Mom, I need some chapstick." Me: "OK, why do you need chapstick?" Rafe: "Because my lips are getting old!"

No comments: