Sean has always wanted to learn to sail, so for Father's Day Rafe and I bought sailing lessons for him. There is a marina near our home that sits on the Potomac, and you can rent sailboats there. After his weekend lessons, Sean took Rafe and I out sailing this past Tuesday night. Now Rafe and I are learning too. If we get good enough, maybe we'll sail around the Caribbean some day. Better make your reservations now if you want to come along!
Here's me manning the jib sail.

And here's Rafe steering with the tiller.

Sean was in charge of the main sail and steering for most of the night. He has learned lots of new vocabulary like "jibing" and "tacking".

Rafe tried his hand at the jib sail too.

And here's the marina dog named Hunter. He jumped on the front of our sail boat when we docked.
No comments:
Post a Comment