Monday, June 11, 2007

Top of the Washington Monument




My brother-in-law Brian took these photos on the site of the Washington Monument on May 18th. Sean, Rafe, Brian, Amy, and I all rode the elevator to the top. The most interesting part for me was the photos they have at the top showing the view at different points in time. The scenery is quite different 100 years ago from the window lookouts than it is today. Someone I work with told me they thought this tour event was overrated, but I would encourage people to go. You really see a great 360 degree view of D.C. Thanks to my sister Amy for pushing us all to go to the top. The background view in the other photo is the WWII Memorial and further in the background, the Lincoln Memorial.

1 comment:

Shanny said...

I love that--"The Mayor". How funny! He looks so "Growed up." (Mary Chyma words)


Shannon